Thursday, June 18, 2009
Just One of Those Days
Some days are just not worth getting out of bed for. Yesterday was one of those days. I woke up to a quiet noise. A noise that shouldn't be a noise at all. When I finally dragged myself out of bed to check out the noise I found Ashlyn with lipstick pencil all over her face, shirt and the bathroom carpet. That should have been my first clue to go back to bed and stay there. I was already a bit grumpy because I didn't get very much sleep during the night. I thought the day was going to pick up because the girls got to have friends come over to play and they played very well together. But sadly we had to cut the play date short because my mom wanted to come over and see the girls. We decided to take all the girls to the mall to get Ashlyn's 2-year pictures taken as well as Emily's 3-month pictures. We promised to take the girls to see the puppies (we always have to see the puppies at the puppy store) after the pictures were done. We waited for the appointment ahead of us to finish but apparently that family has all the time in the world. After waiting an HOUR the photographer knew she was about to lose me so she quickly got us started. We finally got Ashlyn done and Emily was starving so I had to take a few minutes to feed her. In the mean time our photographer left and for some reason she didn't add Emily to the schedule so the studio wouldn't take her pictures. OH! I was hoppin' mad. It takes a lot to get me really upset and I was really upset! (Of course I did happen to pick the week of Father's Day to get my daughters pictures taken. The studio was extremely busy. My mistake.) We decided to hurry and take the girls to see the puppies on the other side of the mall. It was getting late. So I changed my mind about the puppies. It was already 5:15 and we had swim lessons at 6:00. I had to try to explain to Kayla why we didn't have time to go see the puppies but instead we were going to go to swim lessons which she hated! Oh the drama! She was crying. Ashlyn was crying. I was trying really hard not to cry. My mom didn't know what to do with any of us (she just had eye surgery the day before and could barely see out of her eye.) We raced home and I was trying to change into my swimsuit when I accidentally kicked the bed. Oh, how I wanted to swear. I totally busted my big toenail. There's a diagonal crack going down my toe. Pain like you would not believe. And of course blood. I was still determined to go to swim lessons. But for my sanity at this point I decided to leave Kayla at home with Alan. After swim lessons we finally ate dinner (take-out of course) at 7:00. Finally, by the time I was ready for bed I realized that the bed was covered with clean laundry. Since I didn't have the energy to do anything with it I moved it all to the couch. On my way back to bed I stubbed the same toe AGAIN. For the love of all that is holy! As I am laying in bed I realized that I forgot to get a present for a birthday party the next day. Great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

1 comment:
I am soooo sorry! At least all days aren't like that. If there is a bright side, the girls pics are super cute!
Post a Comment