Monday, June 8, 2009

Stains!

I hate stains! They are the bane of my existence! Especially when you have a brand new shirt (usually white) and the first time you wear it you end up with a stain on it. Usually my favorite stain remover is Shout. It does a pretty good job. Unless the stain is set in. Or the stain is chocolate. Bad, bad news. My daughters have several clothing items that have stains on them and I have been trying for months to remove the stains. I've searched online for different ideas on how to remove the stains. I've tried ShoutAdvance;I've soaked the clothes overnight in OxiClean; I've used bleach; I've used Dawn dish soap. So far nothing has worked.

If you have a miracle solution to remove set in stains please, please, please share it with me. I am a desperate woman.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

New white shirts LOVE to attract stains. Drives me nuts. I refuse to buy my kids white shirts besides sunday shirts. I too have tried everything. I was complaining to my friend the other day and she swears by the product called Fels-Naptha.
I had to ask her 100 times what it was. She referred me to a girl in her old wards blog. Here is the link...
http://snowfamilytribune.blogspot.com/2009/02/frugality-at-its-finest.html
So you can either make the soap solution, or you can just rub the bar on the clothes. She got stains out of old onesies that she was about to throw away. Let me know if you try it!!
I got your email and am just slow at responding. Mark your calendar for sure for one of those days! Even if it's just Chic-fil-a! :)

Burwell's Bits said...

I have found tha Woolite's Oxy Deep Spot and Stain CARPET cleaner works great on stained laundry. It is in ablue spray bottle. Crazy I know. It does wonders on chocolate and the like. If I can catch early and spray it on so it has plenty of time to work prior to laundering in works magic. I have not problems with it bleaching out colors either. Give it a whirl. Good luck.

AZ Hey-mon said...

Heather Pettingil swears by fels Naptha also. I have a bar of it. you can get it at Bashas and Walmart I think. maybe Frys. I didn't get it to work but I don't recall what the stain was or on what.

My mom has a killer solution that works on white clothes it is dishwasher soap and bleach and really hot water.

their clothes aren't gonna fit anymore by the time you get the stains out. good thing you need hand me downs. ;P

Rickie said...

I was just thinking the other day, what is wrong with me, I can't get these stains out of my boys shirts. Not to mention, Avery's clothes smell like Spray and Wash! And surely, I must be the only one with this problem. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to check back for more tips from everyone else.

Jacey said...

I use ZOUT. I get it at Wal-mart. The "Queen of Clean" recommends it. If I get it on the clothes in a "timely" manner I usually don't get stains. I also use Clorox 2 for my colors (always w/ my Tide w/ every load - I buy in bulk @ Costco I know it seems more expensive but I think it seems to help) and that seems to help too!