Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ashlyn's 3rd Birthday!!

Wow! Ashlyn is 3! Don't get me started because it will just get me all teary-eyed! We had a small family party - low-key but fabulous! We ordered pizza, sang "Happy Birthday" to a delighted Ashlyn, had a Backyardigan birthday cake and opened fun presents.

The biggest hit was definitely the guitar. Ashlyn is always pretending to play the guitar so I had been waiting months for her birthday to give this to her. It did not disappoint AT ALL! She LOVED it! We couldn't get it out of the box fast enough.

Rock 'n' Roll, BABY!
One of the songs it plays is "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". I have now heard that song a few too many times! But Ashlyn is so darn cute playing her guitar that I am happy to sing along to the song over and over again!
Ashlyn is a sweet, lovable, kind, and sensitive little girl. She is always polite (Karen Haymond calls her Miss Congeniality) saying "please" and "thank you" and "you're welcome" all the time. She is always asking me, "Mom, can I help you?" She can also be stubborn and loud and willful but when she gives me the biggest hug and the biggest kiss and tells me she loves me it always melts my heart!
I LOVE YOU ASHLYN ISABELLE!

2 comments:

AZ Hey-mon said...

I love ms. congeniality! So do my kids. That guitar is awesome.

Mamacita said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn! Rock on!