May was a really bad month for us. It all started on Mother's Day weekend - we all got a little something but we all had something different. One was throwing up, one had a fever, and one had diarrhea. After about three or four days it was over. Then Ashlyn got strep throat with an ear infection. Luckily, she recovered quickly. About a week later Kayla and I got strep throat with ear infections (I actually had two ear infections.) That was a long, long week! I was flat on my back for SIX days. After a few days I got really hungry but couldn't eat or drink because it was way too painful. I had a lot of help while I was down and out. AnnE. came over and got all three of my girls and took them home so I was able to get a three-hour nap! Thanks AnnE! Alan took a day off to take care of me, my visiting teachers brought over dinner two nights in a row and my mom came over every afternoon after work and just took care of my kids for me. Thank you everyone who helped out! You are all life savers!
About four days after Kayla and I recovered from the strep throat crap, Emily, Kayla and I all got the flu. On my 16th anniversary! (Sorry Alan.) I took Emily to Urgent Care at 1:00 in the morning because I couldn't get her to stop vomiting. While I was there Alan called me to tell me that Kayla had thrown up three times in 45 minutes. Doctor said it was just the stomach flu but to try to keep everyone hydrated. I came home and got Emily to sleep about 2:30 a.m. Kayla and I tried to sleep on the couch but she literally threw up every 15 minutes! We would just get to sleep and she would wake up crying. I would jump up and grab the bowl and thrust it at Kayla. She got to the point where she was just throwing up stomach acid or whatever it was. So sad! We finally got a nap in from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. To say the least, that day was a long day!
We all started to feel better about two or three days later. That is until one morning I noticed Kayla was completely covered in spots from head to toe. She was asleep in my bed when I happened to notice it and a hundred things went through my head: chicken pox, measles, mumps, etc. After taking her to Urgent Care it turned out to be nothing serious at all. Just a reaction the body gets from being so sick for so long.
Poor Kayla! It took three days for the spots to disappear.
About four days after Kayla and I recovered from the strep throat crap, Emily, Kayla and I all got the flu. On my 16th anniversary! (Sorry Alan.) I took Emily to Urgent Care at 1:00 in the morning because I couldn't get her to stop vomiting. While I was there Alan called me to tell me that Kayla had thrown up three times in 45 minutes. Doctor said it was just the stomach flu but to try to keep everyone hydrated. I came home and got Emily to sleep about 2:30 a.m. Kayla and I tried to sleep on the couch but she literally threw up every 15 minutes! We would just get to sleep and she would wake up crying. I would jump up and grab the bowl and thrust it at Kayla. She got to the point where she was just throwing up stomach acid or whatever it was. So sad! We finally got a nap in from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. To say the least, that day was a long day!
We all started to feel better about two or three days later. That is until one morning I noticed Kayla was completely covered in spots from head to toe. She was asleep in my bed when I happened to notice it and a hundred things went through my head: chicken pox, measles, mumps, etc. After taking her to Urgent Care it turned out to be nothing serious at all. Just a reaction the body gets from being so sick for so long.
Poor Kayla! It took three days for the spots to disappear.
.jpg)

1 comment:
Wow! I'm tired just reading this. Glad you're all feeling better now. Did you ever get to celebrate your anniversary?
Post a Comment