Friday, April 18, 2008

Got Chicken?


I have been canning chicken for two days now. Fifty-five bottles total. "55 bottles of chicken on the wall, 55 bottles of chicken...Take one down, pass it around..." (The picture only shows 47 bottles but I did one more half-batch that had 8 bottles.) My house stinks and I don't think I want to eat chicken any time soon but I am happy with my accomplishment. Does anyone have a great shredded chicken recipe?

4 comments:

Maddy said...

impressive!

Ann said...

Don't you feel accomplished?!

Chelsea said...

I am very impressed!! I got a canner for Christmas and have yet to can anything. All my canning go-to's are in Az! No one cans here I guess. Anyone want to come to Tx and can with me??!!

gina said...

I miss our good ol' chicken canning days! Ahhh, the memories of learning it! Everyone in my ward here in Idaho was in awe, so now I teach it a lot! But I never do over 20 jars at a time, I am definitly impressed! Was this before or after the weening and the potty-training? ;)