Wednesday, September 17, 2008

When it's too quiet....

This is what happens... I was making lunch for the girls and I went to go check on them to make sure they were not playing with the water in my bathroom (Kayla wanted to pour water down the bathtub.) Oh, how I wish they were playing with the water! I saw the scissors in Kayla's hand first. Then my eyes went to the floor where there was a good size bundle of hair. Then my eyes followed the path of bundles of hair across the bathroom floor. All I could do was gasp! The ironic part is that 45-minutes prior to all this I called Kayla's hair stylist to make an appointment to get Kayla's haircut so I could get her pictures taken this week. I thought Ashlyn got away unscathed but unforunately Kayla was able to cut the few pieces of hair that Ashlyn has...er, had. Luckily, she has very little hair that you can't really tell. And to think that I was so proud that Kayla was learning how to cut a straight line in preschool.

8 comments:

Kim said...

It was bound to happen eventually. I think every mom has to have that moment. The good thing is, It will eventually grow back.

AZ Hey-mon said...

you should be proud, she did a pretty straight cut. You know this was payback for coming home too early from the doctor. This is now where you do the comb over bangs. Take it from someone who has been through it 4 times.( with the same daughter!) Yes at this moment that have matching bangs.

Nicole said...

Welcome to the club... Corbin has cut Lexi's hair once and Lexi has cut her own hair once!

Don't they understand that you work so hard on having your little girl look like a little GIRL??
btw I totally hear you on the preschool cutting w/ scissors I think thats were Lexi got the idea to do it this last time!

Burwell's Bits said...

I feel your pain. Riley did it too. It is scary but she loves to do hair and gives pretend haircuts. We have been drilling in to her, "Who is allowed to cut hair?" to which she replies, "Mommy." She then proceeds to say, "I Mommy!!! You ILEY" (She can't say her name right yet) Thank heavens the comb over bangs hide alot.

Mamacita said...

The quietness is always the giveaway! It had to be picture week too? I too have had this happen a time or two at my house. Good luck! BTW how ya feeling?

Maddy said...

So while kayla was here on Thursday, Karen totally had me checking her hair to see if I could tell where the cut was. Your hairdresser did a great job!!!

Lady Kaydee said...

I remember when Noelle (at age 3) cut Autumn's hair, she was 17 months old. Then a few months later...I thought the neighbor girl and Noelle were playing oh so quietly in Noelle's room - only to find out that they had cut a chunk out of Noelle's hair in the back and a bit out of her bangs.

Rickie said...

Oh my gosh, it must be something that entices little girls so much. I would die. I hope it wasn't too bad and was fixable. I would seriously cry. But, I guess you'll be laughing about it before you know it right???