The other day we were riding in the car with my mom. I had to stop and get gas in my big ol' honkin' SUV. Since it takes forever to fill up I started the pump and jumped back in the car. This is the following conversation:
Kayla: Grandma, look! A stop sign!
Grandma: That's right! What color is the stop sign?
Kayla: Red.
Grandma: That's right! What shape is the stop sign?
Kayla: A octagon.
My mom and I just looked at each other with our mouths open. I turned to Kayla and said, "You are SO SMART!" and she laughed. Then I turned to my mom and shrugged my shoulders and said, "That's my girl!"
All due credit to my child's intelligence is given to Alan (because I think he is the smartest man alive and Kayla is an Alan-clone) and to PBS and Noggin television, (specifically Jack Black appearing on Sesame Street talking about octagons). And the experts say that television is harmful to children - phooey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

5 comments:
Wow! Way to go Kayla!
Whatever -- you must watch Noggin ;D
What a smarty pants. But you know Nate can do multiplication, right?? Just ask Karen.
Wow! she's cute and smart??!! Look out mom! those boys will be knoking your door in, hope Alan's ready for that! But then again what parent is !!!!
There are lots of kiddos entering school that would be a lot farther ahead if they watched a little PBS. How can you not know the alphabet after a healthy diet of of it?
Your daughter is brilliant! Good genes or good parenting . . . either way.
Sesame Street rules. Out of the blue Evan started counting to 20, even if a little out of order. :) So excited to find you in the blogging world!! It will be fun to compare my boys to your girls.
Post a Comment