And I’m addicted to Diet Coke. I know there are others out there like me. However, the reason this is so strange for me is because I don’t even like soda. It’s way too carbonated for me – it burns my nose, my ears, all the way down my esophagus and even makes my eyes water. Before I got pregnant the only time I really liked soda is when Alan had a fountain drink and the ice had melted and watered down the carbonation. Now I wake up in the morning and wonder how long I can put off my craving for an ice cold diet coke. Luckily, there’s Caffeine-free Diet Coke so I don’t have to feel so guilty about giving my unborn child caffeine (even though the doctor said that one soda a day was okay.) So, for all my fellow Diet Coke addicts out there – I humbly raise my glass filled with ice and dark, sweet, bubbly liquid to you. Long live (caffeine-free) Diet Coke!
P.S. I really hope this addiction ends before or at least right after my child is born. I do not like being dependant on anything.
.jpg)

6 comments:
When I was pregnant with Joe it was all about the Caffeine free diet Dr. Pepper. Which I thought was really strange because I really don't like Dr. Pepper, AT ALL. I had to have one almost every day.
On the plus side, I don't think I've had one since. So hopefully your diet Coke craving will go away once the baby gets here.
In the mean time, you should enjoy a Diet Coke, with Sonic Ice.
Are you sure you can't convert to Pepsi?
I never would have guessed such a thing coming from you, Shauna. J/K. I say whatever makes you feel better at this point, you just go right ahead. Pregnancy has to have some perks right/
OH.MY.WORD! How do you even have a temple recommend?
I love how Bonnie is trying to convert you. Stay away from the dark side ;p
What I wouldn't give to sit down to a tall, dark, fizzy Diet Coke with you, my friend! If only you would have seen the light a few years ago, we could have enjoyed one together!
There could be worse addictions! I am like you and do not like sodas. I do make Italian Sodas but can put less soda and more cream in, YUM! I'd rather have the fat than the pop!
Post a Comment