Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Kayla!

Today my first miracle child turns four. FOUR! yeesh! We celebrated by going to The Rainforest Cafe (or "The Cafe" as Kayla calls it.) Kayla really enjoyed the whole experience with the thunder storms and the animals making all their noises. She especially loved the aquariums and all the amazing fish. Ashlyn thought it was too noisy in the restaurant (we sat right next to the waterfall) and covered her ears with her hands the entire time! I had to put food in her mouth in order to get her to eat. I wish I had gotten a picture of that.

After dinner, we came home to open birthday presents with Grandma and Papa. Kayla is really into Cinderella so she got a few Cinderella/Princess items plus a couple of games, art supplies, etc. She got a toy recorder instrument that she and Ashlyn have been fighting over ever since she opened the gift. (Thanks, Grandma!) After Kayla opened up all her gifts we had cake and ice cream. Kayla finally got her Pablo (Backyardigans) birthday cake she has been talking about for over a year. No joke! She wanted a Pablo cake last year and changed her mind at the last minute and asked for Miss Spider and then was disappointed that she didn't get Pablo. I thought for sure she would want a princess cake but she was very firm on what she wanted. And so she got it.


No comments: