The second specialist we went to asked us on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being severe) how we would rate Emily's head. Alan gave her a "2" and I gave her a "5". Then the specialist explained that some babies have severely misplace chins and noses so I changed my number to a "3". After his evaluation was done he gave Emily a "3.5 to 4".
When we went in for the DOC Band fitting, the specialist, Mark, who is working with us asked if we wanted to take pictures. My immediate thought was, Why in the world would I want to document this? It didn't even occur to me to bring a camera. But once Mark put the head sock thing on her and it accentuated her beautiful chubby cheeks Alan whipped out his camera phone. We couldn't stop taking pictures because she was being so cute! Emily did really great. She did not fuss at all. Mark said that if she could sit through the fitting as well as she did then she would not have a problem wearing the DOC band.
"I'm ready for my make-over."

"Not everyone can make this look cute."

"Is this my Halloween costume?"

"What? Do I have something on my face?"

So for the next 3-6 months (hopefully not any longer than that) Emily will be sporting a light purple "helmet" with butterflies on it.
This is before her DOC Band was trimmed up to fit her better.
"Hey, who turned out the lights?"

"Can you take a little more off the side, please?"

"So, how do I look? I'm still cute, right?"
.jpg)

8 comments:
Still cute. Emily looks like she enjoyed the whole process and her band is very stylish. I hope you are doing well!
I am not sure who the alabasters are. I was just posting the above comment and that is who I was signed in as. Weird.
1. What a word!
2. I love the butterflies
3. She is too cute for words!!!
4. Can't wait to love on her helmet.
I know this post had everything to do with that big word with all the hyphens. But I think the point was lost when I couldn't get past the trash meter for the new Twighlight movie. I am sure I would have paid more attention to the post if you had removed that. I guess it is 37 days until I can attempt to read your blog again...
Yes, she is still ADORABLE! I love how you put butterflies on it. This little guy at the new moms group I did a few years ago had dump trucks on his. How long does she have to wear it every day?
She is about the cutest thing ever. I especially love those first 2 photos.
She is so perfect, I got all teary reading your post (in a happy way). What an experience to have, She will be the model for these things. She makes them look that cute.
Oh my gosh, she is such a doll! I love how she smiles ALL the time! : )
Post a Comment