I was surprisingly calm when we were driving Kayla to school. I was thinking to myself that since I had my emotions under control I should make a wager with Alan that I wouldn't cry. HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, right. That didn't happen.
Of course, being the first day of school it was chaotic. We had to drive past the school and make a U-turn to get into the right entrance. Kayla immediately got upset. "I don't get to go to my first day of school!" We reassured that it was going to happen. We were able to find a parking spot and walk up to the gates with Kayla. I felt like I was sending my lamb off to the wolves. I wanted to hold her hand in line and walk with her all the way to her class and stand in the back of the room all day just to keep an eye on her. This wish was for my sake only and not for hers. But amazingly enough Kayla survived the wolves, came home in one piece and enjoyed every minute of it.
Ms. Hartrick, Kayla's teacher
Kayla's desk
Heading out the door for the first day of school.
Saying good-bye...Ashlyn really wanted to go with Kayla.
Kayla wasn't too happy about taking pictures (which is highly unusual) because she was "really thirsty."
Kayla lining up with her classmates. She seemed completely fine but I was a nervous wreck for her.
This is the second day of school. I love this outfit! I wanted her to wear it the first day but she had P.E. and I didn't think it was appropriate to wear.
GOOD LUCK KAYLA!!!
WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU AND KNOW YOU WILL SUCCEED AT EVERYTHING YOU DO!!
As we were getting ready to leave for school Kayla said, "Mom, if you need to a hold of me you can call me at 964-****." (our home phone) She cracks me up!!
.jpg)

1 comment:
Tell Kayla that she's so lucky to start school so early. We don't get to go until Sept 7th!
Post a Comment