Monday, June 4, 2012

Ashlyn's Birthday Party

My kids get to have "Friend Parties" on certain birthdays - 5, 8, 12, 16. Those are kind of milestone birthdays and should be really celebrated in a special way. (I just don't have the time or energy to do birthdays for every single child every single year.) Since Ashlyn's birthday is in June and it has been in the triple digits for weeks we decided to do a Water slide party. (And I don't have to entertain a bunch of 5-year-olds.) It was really a lot of fun.

The VOLCANO!

I asked a couple of older girls to help me out with the party and they were AMAZING helpers! They played games with the girls, went on the water slide and helped with refreshments.
Thanks Chloe and Ellie!
 
 
 

Kayla LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the water slide! Ashlyn....not so much. Ashlyn would climb up the steps but would come right back down the steps. I was getting frustrated with her because she was the one that wanted the water slide but she wouldn't go down it. I tried to get Chloe and Ellie to drag her down the slide because I knew once she went down one time she would see how fun it was and not be scared anymore. Ashylyn refused to go down! They party was coming to an end and I really wanted her to be able to say she went down the water slide so I decided I was going to have to go with her. I didn't have time to change into my swimsuit so I buckled Jarod into his rocker and climbed the steps. Ashlyn was screaming her head off because the girls were trying to talk [drag] her into going down the slide. I asked Ashlyn if I went with her if she would go down. The second she said yes I grabbed her and we made a train and went down the slide...fully clothed mind you. Ashlyn thought it was fun but wouldn't go down again.

No comments: