Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Dentist

Kayla had her first dentist appointment today. It went very well. The dentist (Dr. Kelly Wettstein) and his staff were terrific and I am really glad I found them. I actually had a dentist appointment set up a week ago with a pediatric dentist that had been referred to me by a great friend of mine (Ann Poulson). I talked to Kayla about for several days about the dentist and how he was going to look in her mouth and count her teeth, etc. So, I show up to the dentist office and filled out all the paper work and the receptionist told me it was going to cost me $160. “For a check up?” I gasped. “Yes, normally it is $214 and you get a 25% discount with your insurance.” (Apparently, my insurance doesn’t cover ‘pediatric dentists’. “Ummmmm…I need to sit down and think about this for a second and call my husband,” I said faintly. I called Alan and explained the situation and told him I didn’t know what to do. He said, “Here’s what you do – LEAVE!” I was so disappointed because I had the appointment set up, my mother-in-law was watching Ashlyn for me, I got Kayla all excited about her first visit to the dentist, the dentist came highly recommended and I certainly didn’t want to take her to my dentist. I didn’t know how to find a dentist that was suitable for my 2-year-old that my insurance would cover. I don’t know why I worry so much about these little things because my Heavenly Father is always looking out for me. Two days after we got home from Utah I checked the mail and there was a flyer from a new dentist and they “LOVE children.” My insurance even covers them. I called them up and they had an appointment available the next day – we went in and everything was perfect. Whew! I even made appointments for both Alan and me.

2 comments:

Mamacita said...

Shauna, where are they located? We need a new dentist. How was the trip to Utah?

Shauna said...

Impressions Dental
Kelly b. Wettstein, DMD
www.impressdental.com

5970 S. cooper Rd., Ste. #1
(NW Corner of Cooper and Riggs)

480.814.8888