Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oh, What Fun…


Ashlyn is ONE!

I can’t believe. Where does the time go? One year ago I was giving birth to a 9 lb., 12 oz. beautiful baby girl - even then I didn’t know that I would love her and adore her as much as I do!

We had a fun family birthday party for Ashlyn. Grandma Jean (from Georgia), Grandma Sharon, Papa Gene, my cousins Cori and Jaime were all part of the celebration.

We thought for sure Ashlyn would be walking by the time she turned one. She has proved us wrong. She will walk along the furniture and walls but she just doesn’t want to walk by herself. At 25 pounds, I am so ready for her to walk!

We are constantly amazed at the things Ashlyn can do and how much she understands. For instance, one day we noticed Ashlyn would fold her arms every time we prayed. Sometimes she even puts her head on her arms. It is so, so cute! We didn’t teach her how to do it but she watches us do it all the time and she just picked it up. Now we tell her, “It’s time to pray” and she will immediately fold her arms. Also, when I’m on the floor playing with her I can tell her to pick something up and put it someplace and she understands me and follows my directions. Okay – so I know all moms think their kids are the smartest and cutest – but I really do think both of my girls are extremely smart! And cute! They get it from their dad. (The smartness and the cuteness!)

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

You win the award for biggest cutest girl! 9 lbs?!? Ahck! Hope she walks soon for you!

Shauna said...

Correction - 9 lbs AND 12 oz. That's only 4 oz. away from 10 lbs. That's a Big One!

jacque said...

I can't believe our kids are turing 1 already! I still feel like Gunner is such my little baby. If it makes you feel any better he's not walking either. I guess they can crawl around the church hallways together!