Sunday, December 7, 2008

Twilight obsessed!

I just finished Twilight for the third time. I enjoyed it just as much as the first time I read it. Why am I re-reading the series? Because I recently saw the movie - twice! On Friday, November 21, ten of us went to see the movie. It was so crazy! We got in line an hour and a half before the movie started and the line was already wrapped around one side of the lobby three times. Some people had already been there for three or fours hours. Sarah and I went to go grab something to eat and when we joined our friends in line the the crowd had more than tripled! Like I said - crazy! I went to go check out which theater we were going to be in (and I was hoping to be able to sneak in the theater to get some seats but I was shooed away.) When I was walking back to my place in line the crowd had started to move toward the theater so I just slipped in with the crowd. I got great seats for 10 people! The theater was packed! And did I mention a little crazy? Seriously crazy! Before the movie even started you could just feel the excitement in the air. When the movie started everyone was clapping and cheering. Everyone was giddy. Oh, wait. Maybe that was just me. I was really giddy about the whole experience.

My opinion about the movie: I liked it. I knew before I even went that it was going to be cheesy and not quite the same as the book so my expectations were a bit low. So the movie was better than I expected. However, I spent most of the movie making judgements, "Why did they do that? Why did they change that conversation? Why did they pick that actor?" Then I saw it a second time. I really, really liked it. I was able to just sit back and watch it for entertainment rather than as a critic. I can't wait to see it again! Heehee!

Thanks to all my friends that went for making another Girls Night Out a night to remember!!

(Photo courtesy of Kim Horak)

3 comments:

jenreeder said...

you make me laugh!! Don't tell anyone, but I went twice on opening Friday and then again with Jer and Julie. I am so bad. We should go together! And what is even more funny is that I got my Dad to read them and he is on book 4! You have to ask him about it at church. lol.
ps... I am finally feeling better! yea! Bagels here we come.

Jessica said...

Not you, too?!?!

hahaha

Kim said...

I have to say, I liked it better the second time too.

Girls night out is fun. We should do it more often.