Thursday, December 4, 2008

Good Deal? No - GREAT Deal!

I spent Black Friday in the comfort of my computer chair. I have never, ever had the desire to go out the day after Thanksgiving and stand in line for hours at 4:00 in the morning in hopes of getting a good deal. I look for good deals online. I have had a list of things I wanted to get the girls for Christmas for about 2 months now. I would search all the internet stores looking for the best price on every single item I wanted to buy and of course get free shipping as well. I've had my eye on the Hasbro Playskool Dream Town Rose Petal Cottage for quite some time and the price ranged from $50-80. I finally broke down and bought it for $49.99. Two days later I get an email from Karen (who knows I've been looking at this thing for months and months) letting me know it is now on sale for $39.99. I hate missing out on a good deal! I e-mailed Amazon.com and told them my situation that I just bought this item and now it's a few bucks cheaper and I asked them to refund me the difference of the price. Their response was immediate and I was told normally they don't do that but they would make an exception and refund me the $20.00 difference. $20.00?? All I asked for was $10.00. The price of the item the day they responded to my e-mail was $29.99! who-hoo!

As of today, the current price of the Rose Petal Cottage is now $72.48.

4 comments:

Cecily said...

I just love this story. And I love a great deal! Awesome!

Mamacita said...

Great job! Never hurts to ask. You are a bargain shopper extraodinare!

Kim said...

I did the shopping at 4:00 a.m. one year a few years back. I will NEVER do it again. It was a nightmare.

You did it the smart way by shopping on line.

I LOVE getting a good deal on something. Sounds like you got a great one.

jacque said...

I love when you can get killer deals on things, especially when you would be okay with paying more!