Monday, April 6, 2009

Big Sister

Weeks prior to giving birth to Emily, Kayla kept telling us she did not want to keep the new baby. "I already have a baby, I don't want another baby. We have to give her to somebody else," she would say to us daily. At the hospital she was excited to see me but was not thrilled to have a little sister at all. I came home from the hospital on Friday evening and by Saturday morning Kayla was all about the "new baby". Kayla can't seem to get enough of Emily. Poor Emily, though. Now that Kayla has decided that she loves her little sister she can't seem to keep away from her. She wants to hold her and be with her all.the.time. And hug her. And kiss her. And smell her. She loves the way Emily smells. I asked Kayla what Emily smells like one day and she said, "She smells beautiful!"

I am so glad that Kayla had decided that we can keep the new baby.

1 comment:

Mamacita said...

I'm with Kayla. I LOVE the way a new baby smells! Congrats on Kayla letting you keep "the baby!" Good thing baby's don't start as teenagers, or she'd make you send it back! P.U.