Alan's mom came for three weeks to help me out. Three glorious weeks! She took care of Kayla and Ashlyn, took them for walks first thing in the morning while I slept in, and fed them breakfast. She made wonderful dinners and treats for us (Chicken and Dumplings, Fried Chicken, Homemade Rolls, Chocolate Poundcake, Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies, etc.) She held Emily for me so I could take a shower or a nap. She always got a burp out of Emily when I couldn't. She watched three little girls at the same time so Alan and I could go on a date or so I could run errands by myself. She left me...er, I mean us on Monday. Alan kept asking me what I was going to do once his mom left. "Curl up in a ball and cry!" He laughed but he knew I was serious!
Today my mom left me as well. She's off to France for 10 days. A trip she didn't even have to pay for (thanks to the Catholic nuns she works for). She may have to go to Mass every day but she gets a free trip to France! I jokingly asked her if she wanted take Kayla with her and I thought her eyes were going to pop out of her head. "You won't let me take her to Disneyland but I can take her to France??!" I explained to her that I was not going to be able to take Kayla to France anytime soon (unlike Disneyland) so she might as well take her. My mom is so fun to tease!
So, now I'm all alone with three little girls who all need different things at the same time. I only have two hands and one lap and not enough sleep. Seriously, now what do I do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

2 comments:
Call a friend. Sage would love a play date! Seriously.
You can call me...and you can tell me how nice it is to not be expecting. I would love to sit and hold Emily as that would get my mind off my sickness. :) Emily is adorable...she makes me baby GIRL hungry!!!!
Post a Comment