Friday, March 5, 2010

It's a miracle!!

Kayla is an EAGLE!
I have been stressing out about Kayla going to Kindergarten since the day she turned 4. Not only have I been freaking out that my first born was going to school all day, every day but also choosing the right school for her. (Yeah, I'm a bit neurotic!) I really wanted her to go to Chandler Traditonal Academy but my chances were slim. Very slim. Everyone wants to go to CTA. I had a good back up school in case Kayla didn't get in to CTA and I started to feel really comfortable about my second choice school but I wouldn't find out about that school until at least June 1 if it were possible.

CTA has three Priorites when deciding who gets accepted. Priorty 1 are all the kindergarteners that have siblings already attending, Priorty 2 are the neighborhood kids (I think), and Priority 3 is everyone else. We are a Priority 3. There were only 100 slots available and there were at least 77 Priority 1 students. On March 4 CTA held a lottery to fill the remaining slots. KAYLA WAS CHOSEN!! Yippee! (Yes, if you haven't guessed already I did cry a little. I always cry when I'm happy.)

I am amazed that we found out so early. I fully expected to get a call after school had already started that CTA had an opening and that I would have to make a decision to switch schools or not. I am so glad I don't have to go through that now!!

3 comments:

Mamacita said...

Yipee!! Not sure if I'm more excited for you or Kayla. :)

Rickie said...

Seriously, I am so excited for you. I guess it wasn't destined to work out. The whole carpool thing would have just been too perfect.

jacque said...

I remember those stressful days! It's like they are finding out where they are going to college or something....can you even imagine those days?!!!