Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Overheard - updated

Ashlyn loves saying the blessing on the food and family prayers. She blesses the food all by herself and it's usually the same thing everytime..."bless the food, make us healthy and strom (strong), love thee..." So it took us by surprise when she added to her prayer..."bless me to feel better, bless Kayla not to be so crazy..." HAHAHA! It took everything that Alan and I had not to bust up laughing during the prayer but at the end we definitely gave a big AMEN!

---

At Kayla's preschool they do extracurricular activities such as dance, tumbling, visual art, and martial art. One day after school I was asking Kayla what she learned in dance class. She told me they learned Funkytown. I wasn't quite sure what that meant so I asked her to show me the dance. She starts shaking her left hip (it's too hard for her to shake her right hip!) She tried to sing me the song that they danced to but it just wouldn't come out like she wanted to so she says, "It's in my ears." Then she comes over to me and puts her ear to my ear and asks, "Can you hear it?" After I stopped laughing so hard I really wanted to tell her I could only hear the ocean but instead I explained to her how only she can hear what's in her head. When I started singing the 70s hit song "Funkytown" she was quite relieved to get the song out of her ears!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I laughed out loud while reading this. so funny!!!!

Rickie said...

Love those girls. Very cute stories.

Jessie said...

That is so cute!!!