Friday, February 1, 2008

"Santa ate my cookie" update

Yesterday I was talking to Kayla about the whole Santa-Claus-eating-her-cookie situation. Our conversation went like this:

Me: Kayla, what did Santa do?
Kayla: Ho!Ho!Ho!
Me: That's what Santa says, but what did he do?
Kayla: He eat my cookie!
Me: He did?
Kayla: And my milk!

Oh! This guy is in serious trouble now! You just don't mess with a little girl's cookie and milk. I don't care how many presents you bring to someone - you just don't go around consuming half-eaten cookies that belong to other people! (We honestly didn't know that Kayla claimed rights to the milk, too.)

Well, we had a chat with Santa - he was available since it is the off-season for now. He understood the situation and promised to rectify the situation right away. Last night at about 6:00 p.m. we heard a knock on the door and a boisterous, "HO!HO!HO!" 'Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.' Kayla and I ran to the door and Alan came running down the hallway because obviously he heard it too. We open the door and there on our doorstep was a cookie AND a glass of milk and a note from Santa. Can you believe it?! The note said, "Dear Kayla, I am sorry I ate your cookie on Christmas Eve. I hope you enjoy this delicious cookie. Love, S.C."

Kayla was very excited. She ate part of her cookie and left the rest for later. Oh boy! Another chance for something to go wrong. She left her partially eaten cookie on the table that night and I gave Alan a reminder not to touch the cookie. He said, "Are you kidding?! I'm not even going to look at it!" Fortunately, the cookie remained untouched and Kayla was able to finish it off this morning.



2 comments:

Chelsea said...

That is hilarious! Santa is really amazing for all he has to go through! What a good guy!

I emailed you so you can get your blog "blogalicious!" haha! It's just a start. I have to re-write the novel I had sent everyone else, unless someone has it they can just forward it to you. It was on our mini harddrive that crashed. Sad sad day...

Anyways...good luck, and talk to you later!

AZ Hey-mon said...

I just want to know what is up with Kayla turning a cookie into a 2 day feast. Do you only let her have a bite a day or what?!?