Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh, can it be?

Kayla is THREE!

For about two or three weeks I've been asking Kayla what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. "A Pablo cake!" (from Backyardigans) was her reply every single time. I searched the internet looking for inspiration and direction on how to make a Pablo birthday cake and thought I just didn't have the talent or even the energy to attempt something like that. I came across a website of a local woman (local as in Arizona) that makes beautifully decorated cakes so I gave her a call. No problem, Pablo she can do. So the next day, stupid me, asks Kayla again what kind of birthday cake did she want. "Miss Spider!" WHAT?! "Kayla, I thought you wanted Pablo?" "No, Miss Spider!" Great. I hurried to the phone to call the cake lady and luckily she was fine with the change. (I didn't ask Kayla about the cake again after that.) We drove almost to the other side of the state to pick up the cake and unfortunately the drive didn't agree with the cake. I thought I was being so smart by seat belting the box to keep in place; well the box stayed in place but the cake didn't. When we took it out of the box the cake was smushed on one side. Oh well!


We took Kayla to Amazing Jakes for food and fun. It was perfect because it was in the middle of the week on a school night so the place was almost empty. Kayla had a BLAST! The computer system went down for a while so Kayla and Ashlyn were able to ride everything for free!

Dancing the night away!
After we had all the fun we could stand we came home to open gifts and eat cake. Kayla seemed really excited about all of her gifts even though it took forever to get her to open all of them. She wanted to play with the first thing she saw and that was it. (Note to self: Buy only ONE gift next year!) Once we got through the opening of presents we sang Happy Birthday to Kayla which she absolutely enjoyed! (She loves being the center of attention.) It was a long day but definitely a fun day! I still can't believe she's three!

4 comments:

Maddy said...

Super cute cake! I was going to ask for the number but since it's so stinking far away. . . I love how they change their minds. Another thing not t ask them about -- Halloween costumes. Once their mind it made up, force it on them

PS Your e-mail last week made my day :D You are so stinking funny!

Mamacita said...

You went across the state for a birthday cake? How are you going to top that? The cake was amazing! Looks like she had a lot of fun.

I'm with Maddy, NEVER, NEVER ask them again, they will change their minds for sure.

Mamacita said...

I almost forgot. Happy Birthday Kayla!!! Such a big girl.

Shauna said...

Okay - so the lady lives in Queen Creek (Ironwood and Ocotillo) but it took me an 45 min. to get there and 45 min. to get home. It felt like I had been driving forever!