Sunday, March 29, 2009

Emily's Blessing

We were able to bless Emily before Alan's mom had to leave us. It was a beautiful blessing of course. I am so proud of my husband and the Priesthood that he holds. I cried throughout the entire blessing because it was such a beautiful image to have these men standing in a circle with our baby in their arms. Our good friends Brad Strader and Russ Ashcroft, along with my pop, and our awesome home teacher Dan "Ox" Auxier, and Bishop Campbell were all part of the circle. You would think that five strong men would be able to handle one little baby but they almost dropped Emily - twice! She slept through the entire blessing (and all three hours of church) but I guess she got a little squirmy and almost slipped out of their hands. Alan said he would have snatched her by the ankle and just dangled her for the blessing if he had to. Nice!


2 comments:

Cecily said...

All these posts are too funny. You make me smile :) But this last picture in this post just did me in with tears (and Iam not usually a cryer) but you and Alan with your three girls... I just remember not so long ago (like four years) you had no babies and look at you now! You are a wonderful and beutiful mother. I can see it in you eyes. It was so fun to see your little butter-ball Emily at bunco. I am sure glad I know you!

Mamacita said...

Alan is too funny. Sam says the men often get a little too much into the gentle rocking and it feels like the baby is going to fly out of their arms!

You have a beautiful family! Congratulations!