My birthday is today! I had a really great day. I was able to leave Kayla at her BFF's house (Elise) and went out to lunch with some friends. Then my mom came over and watched both the girls while Alan and I went out to dinner and a movie. I haven't been able to leave Ashlyn for very long because she thinks she is still attached to the umbilical cord. Luckily, Ashlyn didn't even cry at all! She even took formula from a sippy cup! Yippee! (Both Kayla and Ashlyn never took to bottles or pacifiers (huge sigh!) so we try to go straight to the sippy cup.)
Alan and I got off to a late start for my birthday dinner. We were in a hurry to make the 6:30 showing of Vantage Point so we had less than an hour to eat dinner. I really wanted pasta for dinner so we went to the Macaroni Grill (I haven't been there in ages!) Not only was I craving pasta but I really, really love their chocolate cake - the one with the warm chocolate sauce and chopped nuts and whipped cream - yeah, it's really yummy! Unfortunately, I scarfed my entire dinner and I was too full to think of eating anything else and we were running late for the movie. I really wished I had more time to enjoy my dinner especially since I was hands free of feeding two children and picking up dropped items and telling someone to sit down every 3.6 seconds.
It's funny to me that I always long to go out on a date with just Alan and have adult conversation and just worry about myself. But then we end up talking about Kayla and Ashlyn the whole time we are away from them. Then we start to miss them and can't wait to get home and as soon as we walk in the door I think, "Sheesh! I need a break!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment