Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shout out to Jacque!


This post is dedicated to my good friend Jacque. She read my blog about my birthday and how bummed I was that I did not get my favorite "Smothered Chocolate Cake". She shows up at my door Monday afternoon with said cake in hand! How thoughtful is that! I forced myself to not devour the entire cake as soon as Jacque left. I waited until all the kids were asleep that night. I cut the cake in half (yes, I used a little self control because the cake is huge) and as I was warming it up in the microwave Kayla busts into the kitchen crying. Her tummy hurts. As I'm holding her trying to hurry to get her to calm down so I can eat my cake (where are my priorities?!) she ends up throwing up all over me. This was a first for me. I've had babies puke on me plenty of times but never a toddler. Can't say that I look forward to that ever happening again. Got Kayla taken care of and back in bed, changed my clothes, went back to the kitchen to finally enjoy me piece of cake. Thank you, Jacque, I enjoyed the cake two nights in a row and it was very delicious!!

3 comments:

Maddy said...

I can so relate! I always save things to eat when the kids are in bad so I can savor them. What a bummer that you had to delay it even longer.

Glad you updated :D

Ann said...

Thanks for the update! Being thrown up on is the absolute worst! It's like you don't want to just sit there, but you know if you move, you're only going to make the mess worse...it's definately a no win situation. I'm so sorry that you have been officially initiated! That cake looks heavenly...Jacque, my b-day is in November!;D

Rickie said...

Man, that does look good. I thought you were going to say that Kayla said her tummy hurt so she needed to have some of your chocolate cake to make it feel better. Those are the kind of things Daven tells me. Sorry, that you got puked all over. I am surprised you didn't puke, too. Just the sight, sound and smell of puke makes me want to do the same. I hope she gets feeling better soon and that you don't get anything. Ashlyn either!