Friday, February 20, 2009

Aren't Fridays supposed to be FUN?

I took Ashlyn to the doctor this afternoon. She's been coughing since Wednesday night and there has been no relief for her. Both of my girls had coughs in January and the doctor said it was nothing but it still lasted for three weeks. I thought the cough was coming back but this time it just seemed different. So back to the doctor we went where I was sure they were going to tell me that I'm an overly-concerned parent (if there is such a thing.) Turns out that not only does Ashlyn have a double ear-infection and bronchio?? (which is similar to bronchitis) she also has RSV. Yeah, really bad timing to have a baby for me. The RSV is going to last at least a week, possibly two weeks. We will be doing breathing treatments four times a day and giving her medicine for the ear infections and bronchio that will cause her poops to turn the color of magenta.

So, as much as I would love to have this baby - now is definitely not the time! I think I am going to have to actually go all 40 weeks. UGH! It's a good thing we are having a "Girl's Day" tomorrow because in a week or two no one will be able to stand being around me.

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

OH NO!!!!! Poor little thing. RSV is the full on pits. I sure hope you stay clear of the hospital. Good luck with a life time of breathing treatments! (by the way...it's bronchiolitis)

Good luck, and hope you splurge and get a HUGE diet coke with the girls! Have fun!!!

Molly said...

Dang, that sucks! Definitely keep baby cookin, you don't need her around any RSV. Poor Ashlyn, and poor you... Can't wait for your girl's day tomorrow, see you then!

Rickie said...

Shauna, I feel so bad. My heart goes out to you. Daven has the same sounding cough. In the back of my mind I kept thinking, lets get us all better before the baby comes. I can't believe she has RSV, she seemed fine on Wed. when you came over. Hang in there. We will see you tomorrow for some R & R that you much deserve! I hope she gets better in less than a week for all of your sakes.

Kim said...

I hope she gets better soon. There is nothing worse that having to watch your kid be sick. Your heart just goes out to them.

Mamacita said...

Shauna, I'm so sorry for you and your girls! RSV is a bummer! Your breathing machine will be your best friend and Ashlyn's worst enemy. Good luck! Hope GNO was relaxing.

Burwell's Bits said...

Ouch, so sorry. I hope that Ashlyn has a speedy recovery. Good luck!

Jacey said...

So sorry to hear that. RSV is horrible for kids. Lots of love, patience and of course the breathing treatments! Good luck to you and hang in there!

Maddy said...

How are those RSV germs??? My neighbor Casey's little baby has been in the hospital on oxygen with RSV since Monday :( I feel so bad this is going around. Hope you can keep that little girl in a little longer.