Saturday, February 14, 2009
Ashlyn's new thing
Ashlyn has been talking a lot more lately. She learns at least a new word every day. It is one of my favorite things at this age. Lately, she has learned the word "potty". We haven't actually taught her that word but she hears it a hundred times a day when we are talking to Kayla. Not only is Ashlyn saying the word but she understands what it means and wants to put it into action. She will come up to me out of the blue and say, "Potty?" and take me by the hand and lead me to the bathroom. She loves to sit on the potty! She hasn't actually done anything yet and I think it is all just a ruse to get to wash her hands in the sink but it is a huge start. At 20-months old. Maybe she's just teasing me. At this point I am completely torn because it would be great to have her potty-trained but I am about to have a baby (hopefully any day now) and I don't think I have time to potty-train her. I guess all I can do is let her do her thing and see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

4 comments:
Way to have a self starter!!! Good luck with it. Clean hands is always a good thing too.
Ellie was trained before 2 so it's totally possible!! Sadie has gone pee like 3 times, but I don't see it going anywhere.
Wow! You are so lucky. I've heard it doesn't hurt to try when they are showing so much interest. But, yeah, the new baby thing does put a spin on it. You will be so lucky if she does. Hey, it doesn't hurt to try right? Logan has gone poopies 2 times in the potty but then decided he wanted nothing to do with it. I think I'm destined for potty training drama!! Hang in there with the pregnancy thing...hopefully we'll go soon.
Elise started when she was 19 months wanting to sit on the potty.
I went with it, with out getting my hopes up.
Post a Comment