Wednesday, May 27, 2009

15 years, man!


Alan and I are celebrating 15 years of marital bliss [noun: supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment] today.

We met while living in Provo, UT. Alan had just gotten off his mission and moved to Utah to room with a former missionary companion and to start school. We worked together at Burlington Coat Factory in Orem. (He worked in Receiving and I worked in the Youth Department.) I thought he was nice but incredibly shy. I was on his "To Date" list but not even in the top three. (Apparently, he wanted to date all the blonde girls named Amy before he made it down the list to my name.) We made a bet on something and I lost the bet so I had to make him brownies. He eventually asked me out on a date and I thought he was one of the nicest guys I had ever met. Plus, he has these amazing blue eyes! We started dating in January, by March we were engaged and by May we were married. (Needless to say, I did not do very well that semester in school.)

It is amazing how much you can love someone more and more every day even after so many years. Alan is truly the one of the greatest blessings in my life. He has made me the person I am today-which is a good thing. He makes me laugh the most, he never tells me "no" when I want to do something. He puts up with my OCD about organizing, he never complains when I don't dust or vacuum for months. He's the first person I want to share good news or bad news with. I still get warm fuzzies when he takes my hand or puts his arm around me. I still love him even when he laughs at me when I cry at commercials. He is my best friend.

Thanks for an amazing 15 years, Alan!

2 comments:

Burwell's Bits said...

Congrats. I must tell you that you are my new favorite person for not vacuuming or dusting for months either. I thought I was the only one. They are way more important things to do like love on babies.

Lady Kaydee said...

Wow, it's been 15 years! I remember the day you got married too!

Congratulations to you both.



(We should start a no dusting club! I'd include vacuuming, but I have to vacuum - darn cats shed!)