Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Power of Prayer

Kayla and Ashlyn woke up with eye infections yesterday. I thought it was pink eye for sure. Kayla's eyes were a lot worse than Ashlyn's but I wanted to take them both in to get checked out. I called first thing in the morning but couldn't get an appointment until the afternoon. I had some long-time friends (I won't call them old friends because that sounds derogatory) over for lunch and I had to send Kayla to my room so she couldn't infect anybody. She ended up taking a nap. When she woke up she couldn't even open her eyes because they were matted together with goop. It was so gross! I refused to take a picture of it. After being checked out by the nurse practitioner the diagnosis was immediate - both girls had ear infections which caused the eye infections. I kind of suspected Ashlyn was getting an ear infection last Saturday but she never got a fever and I thought a fever always accompanied an ear infection. 'Tis not so. I felt really, really bad that I hadn't gotten Ashlyn in a lot sooner to have her checked out. I think she has had the ear infection for a while. Poor little girl!

When the N.P. checked the girls ears she also cleaned out some wax. I think the N.P. accidently scraped Kayla's ear because she pretty much cried non-stop since we left the doctor's office. She was feeling really bad and she ended up putting herself to bed early.The next morning she woke up feeling a lot better. She was so excited to tell me that Daddy's prayer worked. I didn't understand what she was telling me at first. Alan explained that when she couldn't go to sleep last night he said a little prayer with her that she would feel better and be able to get some rest. Kayla was very happy that Heavenly Father heard their prayer. What a wonderful teaching moment!

No comments: