Monday, May 4, 2009

Emily (a.k.a. Ginormica)

Emily had her two-month check up today. She weighs 13 lbs. 10 oz. (97th percentile) and is 23 inches long (90th percentile). The doctor asked if I was breast-feeding I replied that I was. She said, "Not all milk is created equal. You've got some really good milk!" Yeah, we like to grow 'em big!

A week ago Emily had a renal scan done (similar to an MRI) on her left kidney. Her kidney did not develop completely so they doctors wanted to take a look at it to make sure it was functioning, etc. (The doctors think there is a cyst on it.) The test results came back and the bottom portion of the kidney is working just fine and so there are no worries about it. We weren't really concerned about the kidney at all because the doctors knew it was making urine but they just wanted to take a closer look at it. Even if the kidney wasn't functioning at all "people can live to be 100 years old with just one kidney" as my OB kept telling us.

We are blessed to have another happy, healthy (and humongous) little girl in our family!

1 comment:

Rickie said...

Wow! She is so darling, though. There is just more of her to love. Avery was almost 12 pounds at her appt. Monday. My boys were alwasy in the 10th percentile, she's in the 50th! I am excited to have a chunker!!